All-on-4 Dental Implants in Dumfries, VA & Washington DC
At Dental Serenity™, we offer a comprehensive range of cosmetic dental procedures that will correct a range of cosmetic issues, including a gummy smile, recessed gums, discolored or stained teeth, crooked teeth, missing teeth, gaps in teeth, teeth that are disproportionately stained, overcrowding, and more.
All-on-4 Dental Implants for Replacing Multiple Teeth
In addition to negatively impacting the aesthetic appearance of your smile, the loss of a tooth/teeth can compromise your overall physical and oral health and cause additional issues to develop, such as jaw joint pain, change in your bite, the loss of bone, and teeth to drift or shift. Patients who are missing most or all of their teeth may be good candidates for All-on-4 dental implants, an innovative implant procedure that restores an entire row of upper or lower teeth with four strategically placed implants.
At Dental Serenity™, we offer a comprehensive range of dental procedures, from common treatments like fillings or root canal therapy, cosmetic treatments like veneers or teeth whitening, emergency care, and restorative procedures like implant supported dentures and All-on-4 dental implants. To ensure you are comfortable and have as enjoyable an experience as possible, we also offer sedation dentistry so you can remain calm and receive the care you need. If you are interested in learning more about the quality services we offer, or if you would like to schedule a consultation for All-on-4 dental implants, contact our office today.
Contact Dental Serenity
At Dental Serenity™, we offer a comprehensive range of dental procedures that will correct a range of oral health issues, including a gummy smile, recessed gums, discolored or stained teeth, crooked teeth, missing teeth, gaps in teeth, teeth that are disproportionately stained, overcrowding, and more.
Procedural Steps of All-on-4
It is important to be aware that not all patients are viable candidates for All-on-4, so an initial consultation will need to be scheduled to determine if they are right for you and to evaluate your overall oral health.
Your appointment will begin with a review of your medical history to assess risks and avoid unnecessary complications and a discussion of what your treatment goals and expectations are. X-rays or other diagnostic exams will also be taken to assist with diagnosis and inform your treatment plan.
If it is decided that you are a viable candidate for All-on-4, a follow-up appointment will be scheduled. Before performing the procedure, we will explain what you can expect during the procedure and answer any questions you might have. If requested or necessary, we will also administer dental sedation (nitrous oxide) to help reduce any anxiety or concern you may have and a local anesthetic to numb the area being worked on. Once the sedation begins working, the procedure begins with extraction or any unhealthy or loose teeth (if necessary). Once these are removed, we will place four titanium posts in your jaw, angling the back implants at 30/45 degrees from the biting plane and in front of the mandible and maxilla. Once properly positioned, a temporary set of replacement teeth are set, and this stage of the procedure will be complete. As soon as your jaw has healed and the posts have fully integrated with your jawbone, the permanent set will be placed, and the All-on-4 process will be complete.
All on Four Dental Implant Aftercare
Following your procedure, it is essential to follow post-operative instructions, which will be provided and reviewed before you leave. These instructions will typically cover:
- Controlling swelling: Swelling is very common following All-on-4. To help minimize swelling, apply an ice pack on your face for 15-minute intervals, 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off. While sleeping, keep your head slightly elevated and between two pillows. It is common to wake up more swollen the next day. Continue using ice packs and take anti-inflammatories as needed and eventually the swelling will go away.
- Diet: It is important to follow a soft food diet following your procedure for at least two weeks, sticking to foods like scrambled eggs, yogurt, or soup and any food you can cut with a fork (cooked vegetables, casseroles, ground meat dishes, etc.) Avoid foods with berries or seeds in them, nuts, and popcorn until you are fully healed.
- Medications: Follow the prescribed dosage of any pain medication or antibiotics until your prescription runs out. Over-the-counter pain relief medication can also be taken to reduce any pain or discomfort during this recovery period.
- Modifications to daily activities: It is important to rest and avoid excessive physical exertion for the first week following your procedure. During this recuperative period, it is not uncommon to experience chills or feelings of weakness for the first 1-3 days following your procedure. If this feeling lasts longer than 72 hours, contact our office.
- Oral hygiene: It is important to avoid disturbing the surgical area following your procedure. It is also important to avoid rinsing, spitting, or using a straw for at least 24 hours. Once the recovery process is complete, it is important to continue practicing good oral hygiene habits to ensure the longevity of your implant.
By following these instructions, you will significantly speed up the recovery process, reduce your risk of developing complications like peri-implantitis, and continue to enjoy good oral health and maintain a bright, healthy smile.
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
In addition to correcting your missing teeth and improving your oral health all around, benefits of All-on-4 include:
- Improved self-confidence from having an aesthetically pleasing smile
- Restored ability to enjoy all types of food
- Improved speech
- Restored lip and facial support
- More comfortable bite
- Does not generally require a bone graft
- Provides cost-effective results quickly
- Fewer appointments necessary compared to other implant options
- No adhesives required
- Can be cleaned like regular teeth
What is the Cost of All-on-4 Dental Implants?
The cost of All-on-4 dental implants will depend on a variety of factors, including the severity of your case, dental sedation, diagnostic exams, whether pain medication and/or antibiotics are necessary, and whether you are covered by dental insurance. If you do have dental insurance, your final bill will be determined by your dental insurance coverage, co-pay requirements, and annual deductibles.
Our clinic is in network with most PPOs and accepts all insurance plans. We also offer interest free financing through Lending Club, and CareCredit, or you may consider joining our Dental Serenity Membership Club to save money on treatment and simplify your payments for preventative care. To learn more about Dental Serenity Membership Club, click on the following link: https://dental-serenity.illumitrac.com/
For your convenience, we accept all forms of credit and debit cards, including Discover, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Dentistry with a Gentle Touch
At Dental Serenity™, we understand that visiting the dentist can cause concern and anxiety, which is why we do everything we can to ensure that your experience is an enjoyable one. To help provide you with as enjoyable an experience as possible, our office is fitted with free high-speed wireless internet, flat screen TVs in all of our treatment rooms, soothing music to put you in a relaxed state, aromatherapy, and neck massagers in our waiting room. We are also committed to providing you with services when you need them most, which is why we offer early morning and late evening appointments throughout the week.
To schedule an appointment for All-on-4, contact us today. We look forward to providing you with the best dental care possible delivered in a comfortable and calm environment by professionals who are committed to ensuring that you receive the personalized care you deserve and provide you with a healthy smile that you can feel confident in!