Denture Implants in Dumfries, VA & Washington DC
At Dental Serenity™, we offer a comprehensive range of cosmetic dental procedures that will correct a range of cosmetic issues, including a gummy smile, recessed gums, discolored or stained teeth, crooked teeth, missing teeth, gaps in teeth, teeth that are disproportionately stained, overcrowding, and more.
Denture Implants as a Solution the the Loss of Multiple Teeth
In addition to negatively impacting the aesthetic appearance of your smile, the loss of a tooth can compromise your overall physical and oral health and cause additional issues to develop, such as jaw joint pain, change in your bite, the loss of bone, and teeth to drift or shift. The loss of a tooth can also inhibit your ability to eat and over time cause your face to sag, causing you to appear older. Denture implants are a safe and effective treatment option for patients who have lost a tooth or teeth or for patients who are currently dissatisfied with their dentures. While traditional dentures are a viable treatment option for patients with missing teeth, implant supported dentures provide enhanced support and stability due to it being held in placed by dental implants, rather than resting on your gums. Implant-supported dentures also increases the number of foods you are able to enjoy and eliminates the need for denture adhesives.
At Dental Serenity™, we offer a comprehensive range of dental procedures, from common treatments like fillings or root canal therapy, cosmetic treatments like veneers or teeth whitening, emergency care, and restorative procedures like dental implants and implant supported dentures. To ensure you are comfortable and have as enjoyable an experience as possible, we also offer sedation dentistry so you can remain calm and receive the care you need. If you are interested in learning more about the quality services we offer, or if you would like to schedule a consultation for implant supported dentures, contact our office today.
Contact Dental Serenity
At Dental Serenity™, we offer a comprehensive range of dental procedures that will correct a range of oral health issues, including a gummy smile, recessed gums, discolored or stained teeth, crooked teeth, missing teeth, gaps in teeth, teeth that are disproportionately stained, overcrowding, and more.
Procedural Steps of Implant Supported Dentures
It is important to be aware that not all patients are viable candidates for denture implants, so an initial consultation will need to be scheduled to determine if they are right for you and to evaluate your overall oral health. Your appointment will begin with a review of your medical history to assess risks and avoid unnecessary complications and a discussion of what your treatment goals and expectations are. X-rays or other diagnostic exams will also be taken to assist with diagnosis and inform your treatment plan. If periodontal disease or preexisting decay is identified, it will be necessary to address these issues before your implant-supported dentures can be placed.
If it is decided that you are a viable candidate for implant-supported dentures, a follow-up appointment will be scheduled. Before performing the procedure, we will explain what you can expect during the procedure and answer any questions you might have. If requested or necessary, we will also administer dental sedation (nitrous oxide) to help reduce any anxiety or concern you may have and a local anesthetic to numb the area being worked on. Once the sedation begins working, the procedure begins by making an incision in your gum in order to place a titanium post in your jaw. Once properly positioned, a temporary replacement tooth is placed to be worn while your jaw heals and the posts are given time to fully integrate with your jawbone, which generally takes around 6-8 months. Once this process is complete, your implant supported denture is placed and you can begin enjoying a bright, full smile again.
What is the Cost of Implant Supported Dentures?
The cost of implant supported dentures will depend on a variety of factors, including the severity of your case, number of appointments, whether additional procedures are necessary, diagnostic exams, and whether you are covered by dental insurance. If you do have dental insurance, your final bill will be determined by your dental insurance coverage, co-pay requirements, and annual deductibles.
Our clinic is in network with most PPOs and accepts all insurance plans. We also offer interest free financing through Lending Club, and CareCredit, or you may consider joining our Dental Serenity Membership Club to save money on treatment and simplify your payments for preventative care. To learn more about Dental Serenity Membership Club, click on the following link: https://dental-serenity.illumitrac.com/
For your convenience, we accept all forms of credit and debit cards, including Discover, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Is Special Care Required Following Implant Supported Dentures?
Following your procedure, it is essential to follow post-operative instructions, which will be provided and reviewed before you leave. These instructions will typically cover:
- Controlling swelling: Swelling is very common following surgery. To help minimize swelling, apply an ice pack on your face for 15-minute intervals, 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off. While sleeping, keep your head slightly elevated and between two pillows. It is common to wake up more swollen the next day. Continue using ice packs and take anti-inflammatories as needed and eventually the swelling will go away.
- Diet: It is important to follow a soft food diet following your procedure for at least two weeks, sticking to foods like scrambled eggs, yogurt, or soup and any food you can cut with a fork (cooked vegetables, casseroles, ground meat dishes, etc.) Avoid foods with berries or seeds in them, nuts, and popcorn until you are fully healed.
- Medications: Follow the prescribed dosage of any pain medication or antibiotics until your prescription runs out. Over-the-counter pain relief medication can also be taken to reduce any pain or discomfort during this recovery period.
- Modifications to daily activities: It is important to rest and avoid excessive physical exertion for the first week following your procedure. During this recuperative period, it is not uncommon to experience chills or feelings of weakness for the first 1-3 days following your procedure. If this feeling lasts longer than 72 hours, contact our office.
- Oral hygiene: It is important to avoid disturbing the surgical area following your procedure. It is also important to avoid rinsing, spitting, or using a straw for at least 24 hours. Once the recovery process is complete, it is important to consistently clean your dentures (if removable) and around the attachments using a soft toothbrush and detergent for the denture. Once the denture is sufficiently cleaned, rinse it with water and place it in a clean glass overnight.
By following these instructions, you will significantly speed up the recovery process, reduce your risk of developing complications like peri-implantitis, and continue to enjoy good oral health and maintain a bright, healthy smile.
Dentistry with a Gentle Touch
At Dental Serenity™, we understand that visiting the dentist can cause concern and anxiety, which is why we do everything we can to ensure that your experience is an enjoyable one. To help provide you with as enjoyable an experience as possible, our office is fitted with free high-speed wireless internet, flat screen TVs in all of our treatment rooms, soothing music to put you in a relaxed state, aromatherapy, and neck massagers in our waiting room. We are also committed to providing you with services when you need them most, which is why we offer early morning and late evening appointments throughout the week.
To schedule an appointment for implant supported dentures, contact us today. We look forward to providing you with the best dental care possible delivered in a comfortable and calm environment by professionals who are committed to ensuring that you receive the personalized care you deserve and provide you with a healthy smile that you can feel confident in!