Full Mouth Reconstruction for Significant Restoration and Oral Health
It is important to feel confident in your smile, because being confident in your smile means being confident in yourself. Despite this being the case, many people walk around every day, resigned to the fact that their smile is what it is and there is really nothing they can do to change that. But what if that was not the case? What if improving the aesthetic appearance and/or functionality of your smile was easier than you thought?
If you have lost most or all of your teeth, or have significant dental problems that significantly affects the appearance of your smile and functionality of your teeth, you may be a good candidate for full mouth reconstruction, a comprehensive approach to improve the functionality, aesthetic appearance, and overall health of your mouth by replacing/and or rebuilding your teeth, restoring and retaining the health of your gums, and correcting or improving your occlusion.
At Dental Serenity™, we offer a comprehensive range of dental procedures, from common treatments like fillings or root canal therapy, cosmetic treatments like veneers or teeth whitening, emergency care, and restorative procedures like dental implants and full mouth reconstruction. To ensure you are comfortable and have as enjoyable an experience as possible, we also offer sedation dentistry so you can remain calm and receive the care you need. If you are interested in learning more about the quality services we offer, or if you would like to schedule a consultation for full mouth reconstruction, contact our office at 703-445-9600, stop by our clinic located at 17181 Wayside Dr., Dumfries, Virginia, or schedule an appointment online.
Procedural Steps of Full Mouth Reconstruction
It is important to be aware that full mouth reconstruction is a process that happens in stages. During your initial appointment, we will review your medical history to assess risks and avoid unnecessary complications and discuss what your treatment goals and expectations are. We will also examine your bite and look for indications of periodontal disease, oral cancer, TMJ, bone loss, and loose teeth. X-rays or other diagnostic exams will also be taken to assist with diagnosis and inform your treatment plan.
Once this information is gathered, we will discuss recommended treatment plans, answer any questions you have regarding the cost and time commitment involved. Next, we will develop a full mouth reconstruction plan that is designed to return you back to a strong, healthy smile.
Full mouth reconstruction can involve a range of procedures, including but not limited to the following:
- Dental implants
- Bone graft/Sinus lift
- Tooth extractions
- Permanent/temporary restorations (Bridges, crowns, fillings, veneers)
- Gum contouring
- Periodontal maintenance
Full Mouth Reconstruction Aftercare
Throughout your full mouth reconstruction treatment, it is essential to follow post-operative instructions, which will be provided and reviewed before you leave. These instructions will typically cover:
- Controlling swelling: Swelling is very common following full mouth reconstruction procedures. To help minimize swelling, apply an ice pack on your face for 15-minute intervals, 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off. While sleeping, keep your head slightly elevated and between two pillows. It is common to wake up more swollen the next day. Continue using ice packs and take anti-inflammatories as needed and eventually the swelling will go away.
- Diet: It will likely be necessary to stick to a soft food diet following your procedures. You can eat foods like scrambled eggs, yogurt, or soup and any food you can cut with a fork (cooked vegetables, casseroles, ground meat dishes, etc.) but should avoid foods with berries or seeds in them, nuts, and popcorn until you are fully healed.
- Medications: Follow the prescribed dosage of any pain medication or antibiotics until your prescription runs out. Over-the-counter pain relief medication can also be taken to reduce any pain or discomfort during this recovery period.
- Modifications to daily activities: It is important to rest and avoid excessive physical exertion as much as possible following any procedures. If you engage in intense physical activity, talk to your periodontist about when you will be safe to return to these types of activities.
- Oral hygiene: It is important to avoid disturbing surgical areas following any procedure. It is also important to avoid rinsing, spitting, or using a straw for at least 24 hours. Once the recovery process is complete, it is important to continue practicing good oral hygiene habits, like brushing twice daily, flossing consistently, and scheduling regular dental checkups and exams.
By following these instructions, you will significantly speed up the recovery process, reduce your risk of developing complications like peri-implantitis, and continue to enjoy good oral health and maintain a bright, healthy smile.
What is the Cost of Full Mouth Reconstruction?
The cost of full mouth reconstruction will depend on a variety of factors, including the severity of your case, number of appointments, how many and what type of procedures are performed, dental sedation, diagnostic exams, whether pain medication and/or antibiotics are necessary, and whether you are covered by dental insurance. If you do have dental insurance, your final bill will be determined by your dental insurance coverage, co-pay requirements, and annual deductibles.
Our clinic is in network with most PPOs and accepts all insurance plans. We also offer interest free financing through Lending Club, and CareCredit, or you may consider joining our Dental Serenity Membership Club to save money on treatment and simplify your payments for preventative care. To learn more about Dental Serenity Membership Club, click on the following link: https://dental-serenity.illumitrac.com/
For your convenience, we accept all forms of credit and debit cards, including Discover, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Benefits of Full Mouth Reconstruction
There are many benefits to undergoing the process of full mouth reconstruction, including the following:
- Improved functionality
- Reduced risk of developing oral and physical health issues
- Restored ability to enjoy different foods
- Improved aesthetic appearance of smile and face
- Restored lip and facial support
- Improved speech
Dentistry with a Gentle Touch
At Dental Serenity™, we understand that visiting the dentist can cause concern and anxiety, which is why we do everything we can to ensure that your experience is an enjoyable one. To help provide you with as enjoyable an experience as possible, our office is fitted with free high-speed wireless internet, flat screen TVs in all of our treatment rooms, soothing music to put you in a relaxed state, aromatherapy, and neck massagers in our waiting room. We are also committed to providing you with services when you need them most, which is why we offer early morning and late evening appointments throughout the week.
To schedule an appointment for full mouth reconstruction, contact us today. We look forward to providing you with the best dental care possible delivered in a comfortable and calm environment by professionals who are committed to ensuring that you receive the personalized care you deserve and provide you with a smile that you can feel confident in!