First Dental Visit & Dental Exam
We’re excited that you’re here and ready to go get your healthy smile on! Rest assured we’re in this together, and our job is to keep you smiling every step of the way!
Hellos and Paperwork
In the waiting room, you will be greeted by your Patient Service Representative who will get you started on your new patient paperwork.
- Please come in 15 minutes before your appointment so you have time to complete your paperwork.
- Save time: Access your new patient paperwork now. By filling out your forms now, you can save time in the office later
What should I bring with me?
- Dental X-rays from the last six months
- We can take X-rays if you don’t have them
- Your medical and dental history info, including any medications you’re taking
- Your dental insurance card (if you have insurance)
- Your parent if you’re under 18 (or if you’re over 18, but just want the company)
Initial Comprehensive Exam & X-rays
You will meet with your dentist to talk about your medical history. If you have any oral health worries or fears, you can feel comfortable sharing with the doctor. Your comfort is most important, so we encourage you to ask questions.
Next, your dentist will likely examine your teeth, gums, and mouth, and take x-rays and/or panoramic radiographs.
Then, the comprehensive exam will be completed by your dentist, who will check for things like tooth decay, gum disease, and other things that can affect not just your mouth, but your overall health. Then you’ll talk together about any treatments you might benefit from.
Sid Down with Your Treatment Coordinator
After your comprehensive exam, should you need additional treatment you will be introduced to our Treatment Coordinator. Together you will customize a treatment plan, set the expectation(s) of the next visit(s), ensure you completely understand all treatment, we have addressed all questions and concerns and determine a financial plan that fits most comfortably in your lifestyle.
Make Your First Dentist Appointment Today
At Dental Serenity, our goal is to provide you with a healthy smile and to make your dental experience as relaxing and comfortable as possible. We guarantee you won’t find another dental office quite like Dental Serenity in the Dumfries area.
If you have any questions or changes that need to be made, please call 703-445-9600 because we are here for YOU!