Dental Sealants in Dumfries, VA and Washington DC
At Dental Serenity™, we offer a comprehensive range of cosmetic dental procedures that will correct a range of cosmetic issues, including a gummy smile, recessed gums, discolored or stained teeth, crooked teeth, missing teeth, gaps in teeth, teeth that are disproportionately stained, overcrowding, and more.
Dental Sealants For Safe & Effective Oral Health Protection
Dental sealants are a safe and effective way to reduce risk of developing cavities that is commonly recommended for children and individuals who are at high risk of developing cavities. Dental sealants are a thin plastic coating applied to the surfaces of your teeth that prevent decay from developing by creating a barrier that blocks bacteria from colonizing on the deep grooves of your teeth, which in turn can cause cavities to develop. By providing an extra layer of protection, dental sealants significantly reduce the risk of cavities forming and the need for dental fillings. Because children often have difficulty keeping their back teeth clean, dental sealants are often applied to molars as soon as they come in, which typically occurs between the ages of 6 and 12.
At Dental Serenity™, we offer a comprehensive range of dental procedures, from common treatments like dental sealants or root canal therapy, cosmetic treatments like veneers or teeth whitening, restorative procedures like dental implants to replace a missing tooth or teeth, and emergency care. To ensure you are comfortable and have as enjoyable an experience as possible, we also offer sedation dentistry so you can remain calm and receive the care you need.
If you are interested in learning more about the quality services we offer, or to schedule an appointment for dental sealants, contact our office today.
Contact Dental Serenity
At Dental Serenity™, we offer a comprehensive range of dental procedures that will correct a range of oral health issues, including a gummy smile, recessed gums, discolored or stained teeth, crooked teeth, missing teeth, gaps in teeth, teeth that are disproportionately stained, overcrowding, and more.
What is the Cost of Dental Sealants?
The cost of dental sealants will depend on the frequency of application, whether additional procedures are needed along with the dental sealant procedure, and whether you are covered by dental insurance. If you do have dental insurance, your final bill will be determined by your dental insurance coverage, co-pay requirements, and annual deductibles.
Our clinic is in network with most PPOs and accepts all insurance plans. We also offer interest free financing through Lending Club, and CareCredit, or you may consider joining our Dental Serenity Membership Club to save money on treatment and simplify your payments for preventative care. To learn more about Dental Serenity Membership Club, click on the following link: https://dental-serenity.illumitrac.com/
For your convenience, we accept all forms of credit and debit cards, including Discover, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Benefits of Dental Sealants
In addition to significantly reducing your risk of cavities and providing a long-term solution to improved oral health, benefits of dental sealants include:
- Fast and painless procedure: It only takes one appointment to apply the sealants and no drilling is necessary.
- Works on all teeth: Sealants work equally well on teeth that are rough as they do on teeth that are smooth.
- Affordable: In addition to being an inexpensive procedure, dental sealants also reduce you or your child’s likelihood of developing cavities, saving you time and money by avoiding procedures like dental crowns, dental fillings, or a root canal in the future.
- Feels natural: You our your child may be able to notice the dental sealant following the initial appointment, but this will go away after a few days.
Is Special Care Required Following Dental Sealants?
After your dental sealant appointment, stick to softer foods to give your sealants time to heal. Once the healing process is complete, the best thing you can do to enjoy the benefits of your dental sealants is to follow these best practices to continue enjoying good oral health:
- Practice good daily oral hygiene habits: Enjoying good oral health requires a personal commitment on your part to consistently brush your teeth twice daily and flossing regularly. If you struggle with flossing on a regular basis, you may want to consider floss picks or interdental brushes.
- Eat healthy: Avoiding unhealthy foods and beverages that are high in starch and sugar is one of the best ways to avoid developing gum disease. It is also important to swish your mouth with water after eating a meal or drinking a sugary beverage to remove food remnants that can cause decay if not removed. Using a straw while drinking sugary beverages also reduces the amount of sugar that is exposed to your teeth.
- Dental cleanings/checkups: To prevent cavities, gum disease, or other issues, it is recommended that you schedule an appointment for a dental cleaning and checkup at least every six months. In addition to performing a professional cleaning, these checkups also provide an opportunity to identify and begin treating issues before they become worse.
Provided these best practices are followed, dental sealants can last up to five years or longer.
Dentistry with a Gentle Touch
At Dental Serenity™, we understand that visiting the dentist can cause concern and anxiety, which is why we do everything we can to ensure that your experience is an enjoyable one. To help provide you with as enjoyable an experience as possible, our office is fitted with free high-speed wireless internet, flat screen TVs in all of our treatment rooms, soothing music to put you in a relaxed state, aromatherapy, and neck massagers in our waiting room. We are also committed to providing you with services when you need them most, which is why we offer early morning and late evening appointments throughout the week.
To schedule an appointment for dental sealants, contact us today. We look forward to providing you with the best dental care possible delivered in a comfortable and calm environment by professionals who are committed to ensuring that you receive the personalized care you deserve and continue to enjoy good oral health!