Cosmetic Dentist Near Me
Interestingly, cosmetic dentistry in not recognized as a specialty by the ADA (American Dental Association), so any dentist is actually able to claim being a cosmetic dentist. So, it can take some careful attention to decipher which cosmetic dentist near you might be worth visiting if you are considering a cosmetic dentistry treatment. It’s important to consider the following when deciding which cosmetic dentist to try:
- Associations and Credentials: The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry is the most well known cosmetic dentistry association. If a cosmetic dentist is a member of the AACD it should signify that the dentist is serious enough about cosmetic dentistry to invest the time and money in becoming a member.
- Training and Continuing Education: Cosmetic dentists that are trained will have continuing education credentials in cosmetic dental procedures such as laser dentistry, porcelain veneers, all-white restorations, and Invisalign. If you have any questions or concerns it is important to inquire directly about the dentist’s specific studies in cosmetic dentistry.
- Location and Scheduling: Make sure to consider a dentist’s location and office hours since cosmetic treatments often take multiple visits. Do the office hours suit your schedule? Is the office easy for you to get to?
- Time Commitment: It is important to get a sense of how long the dentist anticipates for your projected smile makeover?
- Payment and Financing Options: Insurance rarely covers cosmetic dentistry treatments, so it is important to make sure any cosmetic dentist you are considering offers payment plans and/or will accept credit card payment if that is your preference. Cosmetic dentists also often work with banks or credit unions that offer third party financing, too.
- Anesthesia & Available Technology: The presence of advanced technology in a dental office can indicate the dentist is set up for quality modern procedures.
- The presence of digital X-rays, dental lasers, and chair-side monitors, can be a good sign that the dentist is equipped for quality cosmetic treatments. It is also important to find out what types of sedation and anesthesia options are offered.
- Personal Comfort Level: How comfortable are you in the dentist's office? Does the staff seem friendly and put you at ease? Do you feel comfortable asking questions, and do the answers you get seem clear?
- Image Gallery: Experienced cosmetic dentists will have online image gallery and/or or in-office album of ‘before-and-after’ photos showing examples of their work for you to look at and review.
- Previews: Experienced cosmetic dentist should also offer wax ups or digital imaging so that you can get a sense of predicted results before you commit to any treatments.
When considering cosmetic dentistry treatments, make sure you are thorough and straightforward in any communication with any cosmetic dentist you are considering. Many cosmetic dentists will offer a free consultation so you can discuss your expectations and get a feel for the dentist and his or her work. It is very important that you feel confident and comfortable in the dentist’s presence. A smile that is “built to last” can enhance self-confidence and open opportunities you didn’t know existed.
More on Cosmetic Dentistry : Cosmetic Dental Procedures